What is the INSPIRASI Programme?
INSPIRASI is an Indonesian Young Leaders Programme for young leaders from civil society organisations in East Indonesia starting in 2018. Each year 10 participants are selected from a range of CSOs in Eastern Indonesia to spend six months in New Zealand learning about community organising, good governance, Maori development and the Treaty of Waitangi, environmental management, gender justice and skills for NGOs and sustainable development.
The programme is largely taught out of AUT University and includes 3 months of English language training. A range of trips and visits to other organisations and parts of New Zealand are included and participants have support to explore their own special interests in Sustainable Development. Participants will complete a fieldwork project in their community when they return home, and develop an alumni network for ongoing support and learning.
INSPIRASI will expose participants to new ideas and institutions in New Zealand, giving them a chance to think critically about the work they do at home and to further their research, evaluation, presentation and communication skills. Participants will work together across ethnic, religious and gender lines to build unity and understanding – with each other, course leaders and presenters, community mentors, host families and UnionAID volunteers.
The INSPIRASI programme is funded by the NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade as part of it’s Aid Programme in Indonesia. The programme is managed and run by UnionAID in partnership with AUT University in Auckland and BaKTI (Eastern Indonesia Knowledge Exchange) in Indonesia.
Who can apply?
- You are aged 20-30 years and work in a community-based organisation or NGO (for example a women’s organisation, labour union, social enterprise or environmental group)
- You currently live and work in East Indonesia (East and West Nusa Tenggara, Maluku and North Maluku, Papua, West Papua and all Sulawesi provinces)
- You intend to return to your organisation for at least one year after completing the programme and you have your organisation’s approval to join the programme (you and your organisation will NOT have to pay anything, all costs are paid by UnionAID)
- Your English language is good – equivalent to ≥4.5 IELTS or >400-413 TOEFL
- You are an Indonesian citizen and have/can obtain a passport
- Women and men are encouraged to apply
Do you have these qualities?
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a commitment to development and community work in the future.
- A special interest in an area of work, local or national challenge that you would like to study more deeply, including through contact with New Zealand-based organisations and experts.
- A commitment to working with ethnic and religious groups other than your own
- Open-mindedness, maturity and team spirit
Untuk mendapatkan berita terbaru, melihat galeri foto dan video dapat mengunjungi www.batukarinfo.com/inspirasi